47028Re: [FH] RCM longevity

  • Wendy
    Jan 24, 2013
      Thank you all so much for your thoughts and details. It does look like medication can make a huge difference and is worth a few car rides for checkups.

      Lyn I love you comment that cats don't listen to prognosis! I'm going to have to look into the pilling treats option, Patches can be picky and generally does not like cat treats.

      He's been through the ringer this month, started with cystitis which led to subcutaneous fluids and that popped pulmonary edema and all this investigation into his heart. The lasix stressed his kidneys and he wasn't eating so we inserted a feeding tube and his creatinine has gone from 6.0 to about 3.3, so we are close to normal range. Once he's reached normal then we can start the heart meds, the cardiologist wants to begin him on Benazepril.

      This is such a valuable group, thank you so much for your insights.

      Wendy