47023Re: [FH] RCM longevity

  • Wendy
    Jan 24, 2013
      Thank you, Diane!

      Seems the prognosis for my cat Patches is he's not expected to survive the year, and I'm trying to grasp all of this.

      I'm also wondering about having Patches go through the stressful car rides and time at the vets for updated tests, the stress of taking daily prescription drugs, and how that intended benefit impacts the health and longevity of his heart? When I think of this compared to not doing anything at all, I just don't know what would be the 'best' choice and as much as I'm sure that is a personal one for us all, I'd love to hear anyone's perspectives.

      Thank you so much,

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Diane wrote:
      > At 10:55 PM +0000 1/23/13, Wendy wrote:
      > >

      > >Hi, I'm new and my cat has just been diagnosed with restrictive
      > >cardiomyopathy. I'm devastated, and trying to get my mind around a
      > >probable lifespan that he has left to enjoy. Has anyone experienced
      > >their feline friend living for more than a few months or a year who
      > >have been diagnosed with RCM? My cat is 6 years old, and otherwise
      > >in really great health.
      > >
      > >Thank you very much for your insights, I'm feeling so scared and
      > >terrible about this unexpected news, I really appreciate it.
      > Hi Wendy,
      > My cat Kearra (on the groups home page) was dx'd when she was 3. She
      > was fine until she threw a clot at 9.
      > Diane
      > Feline Heart List Mom
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic