      From: calebmylove
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2013 1:56 PM
      Subject: [FH] A couple questions

      Hi everyone,

      Its been some time since I've posted as my heart kitty passed almost 3 years ago. I've been following your posts and it is heartbreaking that so many of you are dealing with this tragic disease but at the same time I commend all of you for the care your giving to your kitties.

      I have a couple questions I'm hoping you can answer. I have a Maine Coon girl kitty. She shows no signs of heart problems (knock on wood) but having said that I haven't had her checked (dna or by a cardiologist). My questions are:
      (1) if she showed a negative result of not being a carrier of HCM do you think she could still develop some kind of CM?
      And I'm thinking about getting her checked by a cardiologist regardless of the dna result for my peace of mind and to see how her heart is doing. Its been a few years since I paid for these cardio tests - (2) any idea (ball park) the cost for a full work up?

      My girl is going to be 10 in a few months and is active. Obviously I'm wanting her to live a long healthy quality life. I thought I'd better get on this heart thing just in case.

      Thanks so much in advance!!

      Cynthia :)