46763Aspirin therapy

  • Karen Plasket
    Dec 26, 2012
      I'm going to try to attach a good article pertaining to heart disease and therapy...at the very end of the article is the pertinent part on aspirin therapy. For those of you whose vets (there are several) are prescribing 5 mg's every 3 days, I would print this out and ask them for their feedback...I am personally interested in what their reasoning is behind the very low dose. There are many articles out there about appropriate aspirin therapy, but I do restrict what I read based on whether a veterinarian wrote it. Another word of caution, aspirin therapy should not be used in conjunction with steroids.
      Karen Plasket, DVM