46634Help!-Newbie with HCM, CRF and diabetic cat-won't eat

  • Dee
    Dec 12, 2012
      Hi All,
      I have been reading, but this is first time post and am in hurry
      so can call vet. My love of my life, KRamer is about 9yrs old/male
      tuxedo with HCM and hx of CHF brought on by subq fluids w/ unknown heart disease. HIs kidney's haven't been that great since Jan this year and last week labs showed bun 86/creat 5.7/phosp 6.3. I brought him in due to inappetance. They want to hold on giving subq's due to heart. We cut out his 3.25mg lasix at night to see if that would help his kidney's.
      My problem is as of today he is pretty much refusing any and all food.And he's on insulin!!! I tried pepcid last wk-didn't really do anything.
      They are leary of giving app. stimulant with heart. Can anyone advise
      a safe anti-nauseau med and/or app. sitmulant safe for heart?
      HE is really the only thing i have in my life as i am at home on disability with failed neck surgeries. He still wanted to walk outside today-although slower. STill wants some treats but not as excited.
      The one cardiologist said no to fluids and the one that did echo on friday said it would be tricky with his heart but gave me rx for nitroglycering ointment, 1/8" to be given prior to subq fluids. Thoughts on that? Right now i need help with getting him to eat. STAT..
      Help...please...my heart is shattered.
      Thank you,
      Donna & Kramer
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic