46573New to feline-heart

  • Jean
    Dec 7, 2012
      I have a 14-year-old male cat named Harley who was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis. On examination the vet heard a heart murmur and suggested I have an echocardiogram done which I did and it showed the first stages of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. The vet didn't prescribe any medication at the present time but said to come back for another echo in about 6 months. He is on an appetite stimulent for his pancreatitis (cyproheptidine) sp? Does this medication likely to stimulate the heart and is this bad? Is there anything in the way of medications that are best avoided with HCM? What about COq10? Would this be good for Harley? His blood tests were all normal, kidneys fine, urine tests normal.

      Thanks,

      Jean
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic