46559Re: [FH] Chloe Update - Another Crisis Episode

  • BubbaCat1@aol.com
    Dec 6, 2012
      Suzanne,
      Have you considered Spironolactone? I've used it when Lasix wasn't enough,
      especially when hypokalemia was a concern.
      _http://www.1800petmeds.com/Spironolactone-prod10595.html_
      (http://www.1800petmeds.com/Spironolactone-prod10595.html)

      We've also done chest taps, at both the cardio office and our regular vet
      hospital.

      Jo
      _________________________________

      In a message dated 12/5/2012 10:16:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      zan200@... writes:

      Hi All...

      It's been a rough couple of days... Chloe again did not "look right" to me
      over the weekend - despite having a low respiration rates all through
      Monday night.

      Tuesday her rr shot up to 40 multiple times along with deeper more rapid
      breaths, etc. I gave her 1 whole Lasix and called the vet - vet said I did
      the right thing, and I scheduled an appointment for today.

      Vet took another X-ray and found Chloe filling up with fluid again. Vet
      was very, very concerned as the increased Lasix dose is still not
      successfully removing the fluid buildup. I now have Chloe on 1 Lasix 2X a day for one
      week, then back next week for another X-ray.

      No potassium as Chloe's sensitive stomach is a concern - she did not want
      to eat after I tried her on the postassium supplement over the weekend. The
      vet will check this out next week also.

      I keep telling the vet I think I'm crazy because I seem to be able to
      sense when Chloe is having problems before the symptoms actually appear. She
      said not to doubt myself as I've been proven right ever since this whole HCM
      problem began. I'm so "in tune" with Chloe I really do pick up on the most
      minor changes...

      The vet is checking with the Internist who did Chloe's ultrasound to see
      if there are any other meds besides or in addition to the Lasix to reduce
      fluid - I'm concerned as to what our next step is if the increased Lasix
      dosage still doesn't help.

      Does anyone have a similar problem with the Lasix not really working?

      Thanks,
      Suzanne and Chloe