46399Re: [FH] Re: question re amoxicilin and heart disease/ re newly diagnosed cat

  • Ruth C
    Nov 18, 2012
      Following on from my questions about my cat..
      can anyone tell me is there a definate problem with steroid/ or
      dexamethasone injections and cats with heart problems?
      does it depend on the type of heart problem?
      im very worried as we were going to probably try her on a steroid next few
      weeks if her gut probs wont stabalise, but now they foudn the heart prob
      (just heard the gallop rythm on her) i am worried now abotu the drugs they
      use on her for her ibd. and steroids were next. but read somewhere now that
      steroid can bring on heart failure in a cat?! does anyone know if this is
      true? or what the issues are?
      thanks
      Ruth