46397Chloe Not As Perky Today

  • zan200
    Nov 17, 2012
      Hi All, I don't know if I'm just over-worrying, but Chloe doesn't seem as "interactive" today - she's been staying on a pillow in a backroom whereas she usually sits and sleeps on a chair in the living room - sits with my mother, etc.

      She ate a bit this morning, and a little bit earlier this evening after her cypro, but looks down-in-the-dumps, so to speak. I tried giving her her 1/2 tsp. of Renal K gel this AM, and got about 1/4 tsp into her - she was very unhappy after that.

      As I haven't had much success with the Renal K, I went down to the vet's yesterday to pick up a bottle of potassium tablets- they were enormous, so I never attempted them and went back to again trying the gel.

      Do you think the Renal K might be upsetting her stomach? Is it possible she needs MORE potassium than I've been able to get into her? Her respiration rate this morning was 24, but I haven't been able to take it since as Chloe is awake when I periodically go to check on her.

      Thanks again for all your help,
      Suzanne and Chloe
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic