46226Re: [FH] Re: HCM cat's littermate now has murmur

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Nov 3, 2012
      Hi Jim

      Unfortunately I've no idea about the answer to this. CoQ has benefit for
      heart cats but I`m not sure if it would harm non heart cats. Carnitine is
      just an amino acid and should be fine. Nattokinase comes from natto which the
      Japanese eat regularly. It dissolves clots which are present. Fortekor
      seems a mild drug which hasn't harmed any of my heart cats and I have a few on
      it.

      I sympathise. I have three brothers of one of my HCM cats. I watch them
      carefully and although they are insured, I can't just have them scanned for
      screening without symptoms as I can't afford the echo. I too wonder whould
      they start COq just in case. It's a difficult choice, I hope someone else
      knows more.