46224Re: Smokey....please help!!!

  • lorkatz2004
    Nov 2 6:26 AM
      aaahhh Gawd...........I am so sorry Lee Ann.

      Treat the heart first.............get the swelling out of him as you have too much fluid in him now and he can't get rid of it. He is over hyrated at this point with paws swelling......once you get the swelling out, start back up very slowly and stop once you see the swelling starting again.

      Take one day at a time..........and remember...........treat the cat, not the numbers. Keep doing this as long as Smokey is happy and still eating.

      Hugs to you and Smokey

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "LeeAnnC" <leeanncohen2512@...> wrote:
      > I need help...Smokey's creat is 15.4..phos 12.4 and bun 240....he is also retaining fluid in his paws and abdomen around his lungs.
      > He had a 2nd to 3rd degree block in his heart and my vet said at this point i either have to put him down or try the iv fluids at a slower rate then he would in a non heart cat and take a chance on killing him with the fluids but i have to make a decision here...
      > Please help me..i don't know what to do.
      > Lee Ann
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic