      From: Carol
      To: jknsk2002@... ; feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [FH] counting beats per 15 seconds, i am only getting 15~18, that would

      hi Susan,

      If your getting 15 to 18 beats in 15 seconds, that's only 60 to 72 beats per minutes. That is not a normal heart rate. Normal heart rate for a cat is from about 120 to 140. If you're counting 60 to 72 per minute, that's very low! Very low blood pressure, low heart rate can be just as dangerous as too high. If the heart is pumping blood too slowly, it's not getting to the organs efficiently.

      I would talk to your cardiologist about this when you go for the echo.

      Carol