      From: breathes4tabs <breathes4tabs@...>
      Subject: [FH] Update on Tabitha & have questions for the group
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:27 PM

      Hi all:

      My story I recently posted about my 4 yrs old cat named Tabitha who went to the ER exactly a month ago today in heart failure. She pulled through as you may recall but was diagnosed with HCM & CFH of which we have been trying to resolve. Last week she began experiencing increased breathing ranging from 35-40 per minute so I took her to the ER with fluid in her lungs. At that point we were finally able to confirm that the residual fluid that remained in her lungs from 7/30/12 had finally completely subsided showed X-rays & an ultrasound. So CFH resolved!

      Well less than 6 days later (this morning) I had to take Tabitha to the ER again for the same reasons from last week. All while she is on lasix, the cardiologist added Spironolactone, she is pimobendan as well as Plavix & benazepril.

      This is where I need your help & support:

      I don't understand what's happening given that I give Tabitha her medications as directed, last week she was finally clear from lung edema, and today we have a breathing episode that sends her to the ER. There she receives extra dosages of lasix via IV & she's back home like new. Of which of course I am very grateful.

      The cardiologist tells me we continue in tweaking her lasix dosage & I bring her in for check ups every 5-7 days (bloodwork & X-rays). Consistently Tabitha's blood work comes back with normal ranges & is tolerating her meds very well.

      Is the lasix dosage the final missing piece of the puzzle we are trying to solve? My cardiologist says yes.. I guess I am also asking is 1 month of tweaking & not quite there yet common? I know every cat is different but I am trying to gain feedback on the amount of times we need to keep tweaking with the lasix.

      After Tabitha gets released from the hospital that trend has been to increase her lasix slightly, give the lasix to her 3x a day for 2 days then we go back to every 12 hrs (2x a day). As of today we are at 0.55/ml & Tabitha weighs 8 lbs.

      Thank you for reading & providing responses.

      Yvette & Tabitha in Houston TX