      From: "itsazooatmyhouse" <itsazooatmyhouse@...>
      To: "Westgold" <westgold@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:44 AM
      Subject: Re: [FH] Fluid in chest

      Hi Michelle

      Sorry about the loss of your Pooh :( I love the name of your other kitty.
      I wish I would have thought of that for one of our other kitties :) One of
      my cats had a straddle thrombosis in 09 and I subsequently had echos done on
      our other cats. Her son furball is on atenenol but our other two - Pooh and
      Pookie did not have any heart problems that need meds although Pooh does
      have a grade 2 heart murmur. I will be asking about Lasix at tomorrow's
      visit. I am in Michigan in the thumb area.

      Kathy

      > Hi -- I'ms orry to hear about your little Pooh. My soul-kitty's name was
      > Pooh... Saturday will be 7 years since I lost him to a brain tumor.
      >
      > You need to get your Pooh checked out by a cardiologist. If fluid is
      > building up like this, there is probably heart disease, and the ONLY way
      > to know her status is through an echocardiogram from a cardiologist.
      > Nothing your regular vet can do is good enough. Once you have a
      > diagnosis, the cardiologist can put her on the proper meds. He will give
      > lasix and other meds, they will hopefully prevent the fluid building up in
      > the first place. That is much better than draining it manually. A lot
      > cheaper too.
      >
      > Please tell us where you live, we might be able to recommend a good
      > cardiologist to you --
      >
      > Once you know exactly what is going on with her heart, he will take good
      > care of her, balance her meds, etc.
      >
      > we will do everything we can to help you here too --
      >
      > take care -- Michelle & Tigger Too in Toronto

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic