      From: Wendy <wthomp381@...>
      To: "feline-heart@yahoogroups.com" <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:13 PM
      Subject: Re: [FH] Chili update

      Henna,

      Yes, I'm planning to start treating the hyper-T.  Am on that forum to get advice prior to starting treatment.  I don't know if I mentioned that I lost two kitties last year--one to CRF in Dec. 2010 and one to lung cancer in March 2011 so this all kind of freaks me out.

      The vet seemed pleased, and surprised, today when I took Chili in.  She couldn't hear the heart murmur she'd heard before, and she took an x-ray to check for fluids.  She said the fluid level actually seemed less than right after she'd drained it 6 weeks ago.  I got a Rx for the benazepril after reading the positive feedback here.  And I definitely will be giving the Lasix 2x/day instead of once.

      One other question I have.  Although Chili and I seem to finally be getting the liquid Lasix down okay, it would be much easier if I have to have someone else do it occasionally to give him the tablets.  The vet's price was $94 + tax for 500 tablets (12.5 mg, which I'd split in two and give twice/day).  Does anyone know of a place where I might be able to get these in a lesser quantity or less expensive?

      Thanks,
      Wendy & Chili