      From: Wendy <wthomp381@...>
      To: "feline-heart@yahoogroups.com" <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [FH] Re: [almost] New Member Chili

      When the vet drained the fluids and started him on furosemide, she told me that she had not had not seen much success with Lasix in cats.  She led me to believe that Chili had a couple months, at most.  She also suggested benazepril, which she said reduces pressure in the vessels.  Thinking his time was limited, and knowing how much he dislikes taking medication, I did not start it yet.  But aside from the increased appetite and activity, and now the breathing issue, he still loves to socialize and go outside.  Overall, he seems to be very happy.  Are you familiar with benazepril?

      Thanks again.
      Wendy