      From: Jim Sinclair
      To: Joanne Haeussinger
      Cc: joeychloe ; feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 2:03 PM
      Subject: Re: [FH] plan for an emergency...

      On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Joanne Haeussinger <chmiss01@...> wrote:

      > I even put Feliway in her carrier. Do any of you have cats that get super nervous when going to the vet, and if so, how do you stop them from having such a reaction?

      My Buttercup was like that. She would invariably pant, drool, and
      vomit when taken anywhere in the vehicle. Vets always thought she was
      acutely ill even when I just took her for routine checkups and
      vaccinations.

      I eventually learned to spray Feliway on a pad and put it into her
      carrier at least half an hour before I put the cat into the carrier
      and took her into the vehicle. That 30-60 minutes seemed to make a
      huge difference in the effectiveness of the Feliway, so she was
      finally able to travel without panic and puking.

      Jim Sinclair jisincla@...
      www.jimsinclair.org
      http://moosepuppy.petfinder.com