45044Re: echo today

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    May 1, 2012
      ((Hi, this was meant for the whole group..:) ))

      Am so happy with Zax's echo results today! No sign of turbulence at the
      mitral valve. Although the size of his left ventricular internal
      diameter-diastole has increased from 13.9 to 14.4, his other measurements showed
      improvement! His left atrium (which was significantly enlarged in 11/11) is now
      at the upper end of normal. His interventricular septal wall thickness and
      left ventricular free wall thickness are now just barely over the normal
      limit (they used to be way over normal size). With no chf episodes since his
      initial diagnosis in 11/11, vet feels it is time to wean Zax from his Lasix.
      He will stay on same dose of Enalapril since that is obviously working!

      I was so happy with the results that my brain did a happy dance at the
      vets and I forgot to ask my questions about enalapril vs, benazapril!

      Thanks for the replies (posted to the group and sent privately). I learn
      so much from this group and the support is fantastic!

      Karen and Zax