      From: kateydiddles29 <ksmallwood3@...>
      Subject: [FH] Re: Lasix
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 1:12 AM

      My HCM cat, Zax, takes Lasix twice a day. We monitor his resting respiration rate closely and periodically give him an extra one as needed (when his respiration rate increases by 20%). My vet has given us clear-cut indications on when we should give the extra Lasix and how often, etc...I feel so much better knowing that we have a potent tool on hand in combatting fluid build-up.

      We also monitor his kidney function closely since he takes Lasix regularly.