44779Re: [FH] Re: Your Cat's Nutritional Needs

  • Jim Sinclair
    Apr 4, 2012
      On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Vicky <zhrbjn@...> wrote:

      > If anyone wants to learn what to appropriately feed cats, please go to
      > catinfo.org. Written and maintained by a licensed veterinarian with
      > decades of feline experince, Dr. Pierson explains in a no nonsense
      > fashion why cats need to eat meat or at least good quality canned
      > food. The examples she gives from her own experiences are helpful
      > explanations. Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins also wrote a very good book
      > called "Your Cat." There are several other vets online, Dr. Hofke is
      > one, Dr. Zoran is another, who repeat over and over again that cats
      > are obligate carnivores, which means they should eat meat only.

      Fortunately my vegetarian cats have not read those articles.....

      There *is* a well established (since 1986) veterinarian-approved vegan
      diet formulation for cats. See www.vegepet.com and download the book
      for more information.

      Jim Sinclair  jisincla@...
      www.jimsinclair.org