      From: Jackie <jboynton@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:52 PM
      Subject: [FH] Great news for Mystro; many things ruled out by new vet!! No CHF or Asthma!

      I finally took mystro to a third vet, who gave me the right diagnosis. She does NOT have CHF, She does Not have respiratory disease. She is way TOO fat, despite diet. She is NOT diabetic!! He felt the litter was causing both of us to cough, lol.

      So, since the diets prescribed by former vets have always been "no more than 2/3 cup of dry food a day, anything's fine." My new and permanent vet is checking thyroid to see if that might causing her to continue gaining weight, despite special diet last vet gave me.

      Great news all around, thyroid test results tomorrow. I now have enough enalapril and furosemide to treat a cat with real heart disease for a year. But she doesn't need them, so I don't even care that they cost a fortune. Actually, I am very close to needing both of them if my heart doesn't get better, and my BP continues to rise.

      For the first time in many months, I now am able to think straight, and my panic is subsiding. I knew the cat didn't need those pills, she wasn't having the symptoms that your FH or FA kittys do. Mystro and I are blessed. I hope I can stll be a part of this group, becase she might just get CHF. And I contiue to learn about many other things here.

      Peace to all, love jackie and fat mystro. No more pilling, yay!!!! Unless the thyroid tests are funky. But no CHF, such a miracle