      From: Bill & Linda Fischbach [mailto:fischbl@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 9:21 AM
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [feline-heart] Intro

      Hi Heather,

      I am so sorry about your Alchy; we also had a cat who was in trouble one
      minute and gone the next.

      If your cats are in relatively good health, I wouldn't wait to have the
      dental work done. Bad teeth can cause lots of other problems. I don't
      know about this, but I wouldn't think any diet would help a really bad
      tooth. Of course get the eye cleared up. But sometimes if you wait for
      dental work a cat can get sicker; then the dental work is more dangerous --
      and not having it will cause problems.

      Our cat has early CRF and heart problems. I requested dental work done,
      and the vet agreed. Mittens had blood work just prior to the dental work,
      and I stayed with him during the bloodwork, wait for results, and even while
      they induced anesthesia, so he wasn't too afraid or stressed. Mittens had
      the new anesthesia, his BP was monitored the whole time he was under and he
      was fine. I'm glad to have that done.

      Linda
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic