44412Re: [FH] Re: HCM and loose clots

  • Toby Jones
    Mar 1, 2012
      The Catit water fountain is the best fountain that I have used, and the most affordable that I have seen.  Please read Tanya's Chronic Kidney Disease website (www.felinecrf.org).  It is VERY informative regarding kidney disease.  Basically you want to be as easy on the kidneys as you are able, and a canned food diet with low phosphorous is a good way to do it.  I believe there is a chart with food values for the UK on Tanya's website.  You are in a rough spot because you are trying to keep Biscuit hydrated without over hydrating him.  The last piece of advice that I would give you is to buy a baby scale and weigh Biscuit once per day.  I purchased one for about $35 on Amazon that is accurate to half an ounce and has a "hold" function for squirmy babies/cats.  A scale is highly advised because you can tell if Biscuit is rapidly losing weight or gaining weight from water retention.  We didn't realize how dehydrated Eli was until much too late.  I
      now weigh my three cats once per day and chart their weight.  It may seem like a lot of work, but I do the same with our new (human) baby, and I love my cats just as much, so it is worth the effort to me.