44240Re: [FH] Has anyone had a stroke or clot even though they were on aspirin therapy?

  • carolroars
    Feb 9 10:22 PM
      Well, many cats do recover from their strokes, but many don't. My angel Snowball didn't she never had any warning signs or prior strokes, and she had a big one and it took her within 20 minutes. Our angel Chris had a stroke and he got better and got back the use of his rear leg.

      I know that if they survive a stroke, taking aspirin or Plavix doesn't guarantee that they won't have another one. They just reduce the chances that another may recur. It's the same with the Nattokinase...there's no guarantee that it'll totally prevent a clot. It just reduces the chance of one forming.

      We give Misty Nutricology Nattozyme. They're 36mg each and we give her one twice a day, so she's getting 72mg a day. That 72mg total dose has 1440 fibrinolytic units. Misty weighs 12 lbs, so that's about the same as your kitty (5.5kg = 12.1 lbs). We started out with one 36mg softgel a day for the first 3 days, then increased it to twice a day.

      Carol and the gang

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Banu Korgul <banukorgul@...> wrote:

      > Thank you..
      >
      > And these resolve when? After asprin?
      > Ä° mean even if there is a remedy, how do they not have a heart attack during these horrible symtoms? Mine is afraid when he sees a stranger!
      >
      > And how much natto do you give for a 5,5 kg cat w crf and dilated cardimyopathy?
      >
      > Thanks

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic