44237Re: [FH] Has anyone had a stroke or clot even though they were on aspirin therapy?

  • carolroars
    Feb 9, 2012
      hi Banu,

      I didn't see if anyone answered you on this.

      What I know about recognizing the strokes, is what happened to my own guys. Sometimes they will howl out in pain and then collapse if it's a big one. Snowball threw up, then collapsed, then howled. Our friend's cat, Chris who I took care of, he just became lame in his one rear leg. He didn't have any other signs. With Misty, she became disoriented and couldn't walk at all. Her's we think were little episodes, much like a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack)event that humans have, which is a kind of mini stroke. She didn't stay paralyzed, but was able to use her legs within a matter of hours.

      Generally, I would look for things like extremely dilated pupils, disorientation, being out of balance for a small stroke... the big ones, you can't miss...they're almost always very physically affecting to the cat...howling, pain, paralysis, vomiting, defacating.

      Carol and the gang

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Banu Korgul <banukorgul@...> wrote:

      > And have do you recognize a stroke? Whether it is a mini or a massive one?

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic