44184Re: Has anyone had a stroke or clot even though they were on aspirin therapy?

  • joanne marbut
    Feb 3, 2012
      Aspirin isn't as effective as Plavix and if the heart condition is bad enough, then Plavix is the key to thinning the blood enough to prevent blood pooling in the valve which leads to clots (not that I can guarantee a clot-less life with Plavix.) My vet cardio rarely prescribes aspirin. So, yes, clots can occur with aspirin but I don't know what is the risk, only that I've read Plavix is more effective in prevention.