44183Re: Azodyl and very sick little cat

  • crfcatsa
    Feb 3, 2012
      Our CRF cat was on Azodyl for 4 years. While he didn't have any heart problems, I strongly doubt that there would be any conflicts or problems using Azodyl in your situation. The capsules are filled with a probiotic (fancy word for bacteria, but a good kind) that breaks down creatinine in the intestines. This reduces the load that the kidneys need to handle, and can help with the CRF. I think the only interaction that might be a problem is maybe with an antibiotic (which would tend to kill off the probiotics as well).
      I think it helped our cat deal with his CRF, and kept him feeling better.