44182Re: [FH] At the crossroads, need advice

  • DH
    Feb 3, 2012
      Yes, Karen, that is an important consideration, and one that weighs heavy on my mind with the weekend approaching. Though I don't care for their callous attitude, we do have an emergency clinic that is open when the vets are closed. I have some pain meds I can give in a crunch that absolutely knocked her out the first (and only) time I used them. But knowing I couldn't get anyone to come to the house in the middle of the night (sigh) is making me very nervous. The clock is ticking. I'm watching.
      Diane & Peanut

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "karenborga@..." <karenborga@...> wrote:

      > Sometimes it is helpful to have an emergency plan for home care if all vets are closed during an after hours crisis.
      >
      > Karen
      >
      > *****
      >
      > ...My husband's fear is that she will begin to drown in her own fluids (something we've experienced before and not willing to go through again), but where do I look for the warning sign? I have a call in to her regular vet for another opinion, and will weigh our options after that consult. Your thoughts and suggestions are wise, and very much appreciated. I am printing all this information out on paper so I can refer back to everyone's ideas and remind myself not to overlook anything. Everyone's encouragement and guidance is helping me through this more than words can say.
      >
      > Diane & Peanut
      >

      > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic