43815Re: [FH] Tanner - new diagnosis and kidney problems

  • Toby Jones
    Dec 8, 2011
      I danced the CHF/CRF dance with my little Eli before he passed away.  It is torture, I empathize with you.  If I could do it all over again I would have made sure he was eating a wet food, and not a dry food, for the extra moisture.  I would strongly encourage you to transition your kitty to wet food if he is not eating it already.  Eli became so dehydrated in the end (kidney values skyrocketed) that when we tried to rehydrate him, it pushed him into CHF.  Also, if your kitty isn't taking Benazepril yet, talk to your vet about it.  I believe research supports Benazepril having a positive effect on kidneys.

      My thoughts are with you.

      Ryan