43808Re: Tanner - new diagnosis and kidney problems

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Dec 7, 2011
      HI Kim

      I am sorry to hear about Tanner being poorly. Your vet is correct that it
      is a balance to treat heart and kidneys, one treatment adversely affects the
      other. The key is balance but the heart treatment has to come first. What
      medication is he on and what dose? Has he had blood tests to measure his
      kidney values?

      With weight loss and his age, has he had his thyroid hormone level checked?
      That can cause secondary HCM and should be checked in any older kitty
      losing weight. It is going to be a balance of diuretics and subcutaneous fluids
      which you can give him. I`ve never needed to do that so someone with more
      experience should help there.

      Are the little bumps under the skin or on the skin?