43806Re: is this the start of chf?

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Dec 7, 2011
      Hi Karen

      I am sorry to hear of Zax being poorly. Respiration rates over 30 at rest
      are a red flag, but if he was dreaming or hot it could go over 30. If mine
      are asleep and breathing quickly I just gently say their name or touch them
      and they then go back to a more peaceful breathing rate as it's usually
      just a dream..

      WHat dose of medications is he on? It's good he has been caught early and
      can have treatment to help stabilise his disease. Another thing you can do
      to help is add the supplement cardiostrength which seems to be very
      beneficial for my 3 cats who take it. If you are worried about clots you can add
      nattokinase supplement as well which is available on the internet, but you
      need a version with the vitaminK removed like Doctor's Best.

      Lasix lasts 8 hours so if his breathing is fast again in the morning,
      you'll know he's building up fluid and then its time to ring the vet/cardio and
      discuss upping the dose of lasix. It's absolutely fine to give an extra
      dose if you are ever worried, unless they're already on the maximum dose, I do
      it when needed.