43683Re: [FH] Re: Aslan's lab results - need advise

  • Carol
    Nov 3, 2011
      It's possible that a clot may be reabsorbed, but it can take a long time, especially if the patient is not on something to help with the process, like heparin (an anticoagulant), aspirin (anticoagulant) or plavix (anti-platelet). Aspirin won't dissolve a clot, it just thins the blood so that clots are less likely to form. None of these things dissolve the clots. Nattikinase is said to "digest" a clot. Nattokinase is an enzyme that breaks down and digests the clot.

      Heparin is an anticoagulant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heparin
      Heparin acts as an anticoagulant, preventing the formation of clots and extension of existing clots within the blood. While heparin does not break down clots that have already formed (unlike tissue plasminogen activator), it allows the body's natural clot lysis mechanisms to work normally to break down clots that have formed.

      Plavix is an antiplatelet: http://www.plavix.com/Index.aspx
      PLAVIX helps keep platelets in the blood from sticking together and forming clots—the direct cause of most heart attacks and strokes.

      If it was me, I would give Aslan the Nattokinase, like we did with Misty. We give her one 36mg/1440FU (fibrinolytic units) twice a day with food. This is the one we get. http://www.vitacost.com/NutriCology-Nattozyme
      You must buy one that has the vitamin K removed, as vit. K makes blood clot.

      Carol and the gang

      Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*
      and the gang

      From: Banu Korgul <banukorgul@...>

      Thank you for your email
      Aslan is not on asprin, though
      The vet said its poisonous
      İ know, it is given, it helps, we just need to be careful...

      (By the way, İ thought asprin is to prevent cloths not to dissolve them) ??? Would it help to dissolve the clot??

      İts been 1,5 days since he is been like this.
      İ have read that it may dissolve on its own, is there a time limit on that??

      Thanks

      Sent via Banu's iPod touch