43154Re: Claude not doing so well

  • mainecoonkatze
    Sep 1, 2011

      Flusapex is a brand name for Frusemide, and it says 1ml=10mg, so 0.85ml twice daily equals 8.5mg twice daily.

      If it lasts 8 hours then it makes sense that a 12-hourly schedule would be bad, because the last 4 hours he's basically on his own, and if his lungs start to fill up then each next dose has to fix that problem, rather than preventing it.

      Woke up this morning and he was fine - his breathing had dropped to 30/min with MUCH less effort, he was able to sleep comfortably on his side, he was purring and demanding breakfast. Maybe more than a dosage change, he needed a schedule change. Will play it by ear, and will see if we can get those meds you mentioned in Australia ...

      Thanks so much!