43151Re: Claude not doing so well

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Sep 1, 2011
      Hi Catie

      Flusapex is the same as Lasix isnt it? Can you tell me what dose he is on
      in mg? I dont know enough about the liquid lasix to help you, I`m afraid,
      but when Trixi was bad she took 5mg every 4 hours. Lasix seems to last about
      8 hours so might be useful if your vet agrees to spread it out. You can
      also add spironolactone which is a diuretic and spares the kidneys. That helps
      clear fluid as well.

      Another drug is vetmedin. That has been a wonder for me and other kitties
      in this group and I would highly recommend it. It is licensed for heart
      failure in dogs and my cat tolerates it really well and it stabilised her when
      she had next to n chance of surviving.