42929Re: [FH] Punky's purple gums / Coca tea

  • Westgold
    Aug 4, 2011
      From: Ana Gutierrez
      To: feline-heart
      Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 1:36 PM
      Subject: [FH] Punky's purple gums / Coca tea

      Hi all,

      Yesterday Punky woke up with his gums in a purpleish tone... Hoping it was
      only my paranoia, I took him to the vet for a check up.... It wasn't my
      imagination... Punky is not fine, he is definitively not oxygenating his
      After the vet check up Punky was really stressed so the vet decided to leave
      him alone for a couple of days and will do an electro tomorrow.

      If things continue this bad I will make an appointment with his
      Punky presented liver enlargement, his right part of the heart is
      thickening.... and the vet said that if you put a finger in his gums, the
      color takes a while to come back.

      Since he is not oxygenating his blood appropriately I thought it was a good
      idea to make him a coca tea. Have you guys ever use this in your cats? I
      found no info of coca used in cats.
      Surprisingly, the coca tea helped him and he had today a lower breathing

      Coca leaf has the following alkaloids (sorry I cannot translate all the

      - *Cocaine*. It is the methyl ether of benzoyl egnonina, anesthetic and
      analgesic properties
      - *Egnonina*. It is a carboxylic acid derivative of atropine, has
      properties to metabolize fats, sugars and carbohydrates. *It thins the
      - *Atropine*. Or scopolamine, is the anesthetic that produces dryness in
      the respiratory tree.
      - *Pectin*. It is absorbent and anti-diarrheal, along with Vitamin E,
      regulates the production of melanin to the skin.
      - *Papain*. This protease, which contains the highest proportion papaya,
      is very similar to cathepsin animal is a kind of ferment that speeds
      - *Higrina*. *Excites the salivary glands when there is deficiency of
      oxygen in the atmosphere*.
      - *Globulin*. *It is a cardiotonic regulates the lack of oxygen in the
      environment, improving blood circulation*. Avoid sorojche (altitude
      - *Pyridine*. Accelerates the formation and functioning of the
      brain,*increases blood flow to the pituitary glands
      *, resulting in improved overall body.
      - *Quinoline*. Prevents the formation of dental caries by the phosphorus
      and calcium.
      - *Conine*. It is a powerful anesthetic.
      - *Cocamina*. It is a painkiller with the previous one, helps increase
      the anesthetic and analgesic properties of natural cocaine.
      - *Inulin*. *Refreshes and improves the functioning of the liver*, bile
      secretion and its accumulation in the gallbladder.* **It is diuretic*,
      helps eliminate toxic substances not physiological. It is a
      polysaccharide, much like vitamins B-12, which *increases the number of
      blood cells. *
      - *Benzoin*. Accelerates the formation of muscle cells and prevents the
      putrefaction of food, hence its therapeutic properties for gastritis and
      - *Reserpine*. *Regulates blood pressure hypotension and
      hypertension*and helps the formation of bone cells.

      Please let me know if you think I am making a huge mistake.

      Do you guys know of other ways to increase the oxygen levels in the blood?
      I was thinking of taking him to an hyperbaric chamber.... Do you know which
      pressure does the chamber need to work on a cat? A small cat, Punky weights
      2.5 kilos.

      Best wishes,