42899Re: [FH] Spiky fur

  • mec2973
    Aug 1 5:45 AM
      When Skip was hyperthyroid, his fur was very coarse. It wasn't until after we had the I-Cat done that we noticed how soft his fur had become. The hyperthyroid caused a lots of changes in him that went back to normal once treated.

      Also, I know that if Skip is depressed (when he didn't like his canned food) and not speaking to me that he doesn't groom as much. His fur feels different. Of course he was not getting the nutrients from the food that he needed at that time as well; since he wasn't eating his food.

      Michelle and Skip

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Carol <carolroar@...> wrote:
      > Sometimes cats who are hyperthyroid can have that spikey fur. Misty who is hyperthyroid along with her other problems has that. I'm not sure why it gets that way, but my angel Sweetie who was also hyperthyroid had it too.
      >
      > Sometimes it can be something as simple as if they're not grooming as much their fur will get that spikey look, or if they could just need a little more moisture or oil in the food...the omega fatty acids, so giving something like a little fish oil may help.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic