      From: s.theye <veery@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, July 27, 2011 11:02:03 AM
      Subject: [FH] Elevated ALT

      Hi,

      I was hoping to get some opinions. Have any of your heart kitties had elevated
      liver enzymes show up during routine blood work?

      At my HCM kitty Jack's yearly echo this past June, they did blood work, and his
      ALT was 240. I think the normal upper range is 100. We repeated blood work at
      his regular vet's 3 weeks later and it had dropped to @ 200 I think, but still
      above upper normal.

      Jack's vet would like him to have an abdominal ultrasound, which I worry about
      mainly because of the stress factor. She said it could be nothing or it could
      be something, so I am not sure whether to put him through the stress of a
      possible unnecessary procedure, or just wait and see if it goes back to normal
      in a few months.

      Anyone have any experience with this? Jack hates car rides and I think with
      abdominal ultrasound he would have to be on his back....

      Thanks!
      Shelley