42871Elevated ALT

  • s.theye
    Jul 27, 2011
      Hi,

      I was hoping to get some opinions. Have any of your heart kitties had elevated liver enzymes show up during routine blood work?

      At my HCM kitty Jack's yearly echo this past June, they did blood work, and his ALT was 240. I think the normal upper range is 100. We repeated blood work at his regular vet's 3 weeks later and it had dropped to @ 200 I think, but still above upper normal.

      Jack's vet would like him to have an abdominal ultrasound, which I worry about mainly because of the stress factor. She said it could be nothing or it could be something, so I am not sure whether to put him through the stress of a possible unnecessary procedure, or just wait and see if it goes back to normal in a few months.

      Anyone have any experience with this? Jack hates car rides and I think with abdominal ultrasound he would have to be on his back....

      Thanks!
      Shelley
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic