42326Re: Rudy is failing

  • acrocat@rocketmail.com
    Jun 5, 2011
      Hi Denise

      I'm so sorry to hear this. Why would they release your cat while he was still having trouble breathing? He would do best in oxygen with IV Lasix until he can get past this crisis. If you have the option of taking him to a large referral/emergency facility, I would certainly do it. If not you can bring him to your vet, perhaps they can keep him at least for the day with oxygen and IV Lasix. Many dogs and cats have acute crises and need intensive care, and then are able to be maintained at home for quite a while with just an increased dosage of meds. But the initial intensive, supportive care is what's needed to get them past the crisis as quickly as possible.

      Again I'm so sorry to hear about you and your little guy. Really stinks.
      Adriann
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic