41522Re: Max is gone

  • toomany_kittys
    Feb 11, 2011
      Judy, I am so very sorry that Max has passed away. His illness progression in the last while was much like Luigi's was towards the end. I am sure he'll let you know in some way that he is fine.
      He will always remain in your heart and soul and you in his.
      Please take care of yourself.
      El

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "maxlevensmom" <judi_john@...> wrote:

      > We had a wonderful day together today, but he was extremely weak. We had arranged for the doctor to come at 4:30, but I told him I would rather he passed on his own...just as the doctor arrived Max passed. The passing was not nice, but the day was special...quiet and peaceful, we had our hands on him the whole time. No meds! But we did give him some buprenex thinking it would quiet him and make him peaceful and sleepy, but it didn't work quiet that way...I wouldn't do that again.
      > I will always be frustrated knowing there was something more going on with Max, but in the end I think he had complete system failure as a result of heart disease and all the meds it requires. I know that the loss will be overwhelming when I'm looking for my best friend (other than John) and he's not here, but he's been sick for a while, and that helps me come to grips with it. Right now...we're just kind of dazed. We are having him creamated so we can bring him home to CA and bury him in his yard in his favorite spot...
      > Thanks to all of you who helped so much. This has been such a stressful time knowing there was no quality veterinarian here to help, and I relied heavily on the advice of many of you on this blog. I just couldn't have done it without you...you are fabulous people.
      > I'm going to light a candle for Max and start a group in his name...join me? to light his wonderful spirit on the road to the rainbow bridge where I am looking forward to seeing him again one day
      > take care...Judi and John and Angel Max

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic