41484Re: [FH] sort of non-heart question: pet insurance companies

  • Westgold
    Feb 9, 2011
      Hi -- I'm in Canada. When I took Tigger in for his first exam after I bought him, some company gave me 6 weeks of free coveage, hoping that I would continue to take it. But I read it, and it doesn't cover any pre-existing conditions. My vet said that even tho Tigg hadn't been tested for HCM yet, the fact that he had a MURMUR was enough that they could consider any heart-related issues to be pre-existing. So they wouldn't pay for anything having to do with his heart anyway, so I didn't sign up. You have to read all the fine print!

      From: calebmylove
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:48 PM
      Subject: [FH] sort of non-heart question: pet insurance companies

      Hi everyone,

      Given the extensive cost our heart kitties can rack up with their health problems, I was wondering if anyone has pet insurance?

      If yes, which company and have they been helpful with paying the vet bills?

      Also, if anyone has pet insurance, is anyone in Canada? Although I think their policies are similar.

      Thanks everyone, and hugs to you and your kitties!

      Cynthia

    »
    «