      From: willie7447
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:08 PM
      Subject: [FH] Cat Crashing

      I've been monitoring this site for about 6 months.

      I've got a 17 year old cat (that I raised from a tiny kitten) diagnosed with heart disease five years ago. She has been on Atenolol ever since and has done pretty well.

      Yesterday I came home from work and she had peed on the bed, thrown up all over, and deficated everywhere. She was in pain but there was not any paralysis.

      We rushed her to the vet and the vet figured she'd be gone by morning. We gave her pain meds and took her home and sat with her all night.

      Well, she's still alive and improved slightly. She's drinking water and a low sodiumn chickan broth and has eaten a little food. I haven't given her any pain meds since last night at the vet's office as she does not seem to be in pain. She has gotten on and off the bed (with the help of a stool)a few times and is currently resting peacefully.

      I don't think she threw a clot.

      If she passes I want it to be at home in her bed surrounded by her family.

      Just wondering if anyone out there has any thoughts?

      Liz & Flossie