40528what level of noisy breathing is tolerable?

  • MarthaH
    Oct 3, 2010
      Fred seems to have some moments where he will occasionally make a noisy breathing or wheezing sound, maybe has to do with his body position, maybe it's just momentary...and this is while on the Lasix....I'm wondering if this is ok. It's not like it's constant, most of the time his breathing sounds good and it's been very slow the whole time it seemed like the fluids returned ove rthe past month.

      as I just posted, I gave hiim a TID dose of lasix a few days ago but I think that was too dehydrating for him and at least that one day, not sure it did more than the BID did...today I'm just trying to rehydrate him, am afraid to give him subq fluds again cuz he used to go limp everytime I did--although as I just posted, he's now gone limp for no apparently reason, on all legs.

      but just wondering if all of your cats being treated have perfect breathing, or is a certain amount of noise that is tolerable....?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic