40180Re: Water amount when using Lasix

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Sep 6, 2010
      Hi Barbie

      My Trixi was diagnosed with advanced HCM as a 13 weeks old kitten. She was
      given months to live and has just passed her fourth birthday after a
      struggle with meds and a heart attack last year. She is currently stable. Cats do
      not listen to a prognosis.

      As for your question.. when is it time to let go? You'll know, it's when
      quality of life is poor, it's when the bad outweighs the good. I see it as a
      final act of kindness and remember the kind words someone posted here
      once.. a prolonged life should not be a prolonged death. This is only my
      opinion, some would disagree. You have to make a decision you feel is right for
      you and your family every time.

      Nunu will let you know and then you will be with her to help her. For now
      she is struggling to stabilise and all the meds are new. It's always
      difficult the first few weeks as the medications start to work. You should see an
      improvement soon I would think.

      Lyn:)