      From: Tatki61912@...
      To: fanciershealth@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:06 PM
      Subject: [FAN-H] Cat Food (with fish) re Gulf Coast Disaster

      Dear List,

      I was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, so I have a special sympathy with Louisianians in terms of their current and recent hardships. Nevertheless, I am concerned about where contaminated fish parts may go. Am I paranoid to think that perhaps cat food could be thought of as a "good" dumping ground?

      My cats certainly like anything with a fish flavor. But I have not bought any cat food since the Gulf Oil spill with fish in it. I can't see WHERE the fish comes from indicated on the cans in any case. Fish food for people usually does indicate what seas it's coming from.

      I have many friends and distant family still in Louisiana; the cancer rate in the lower part of this state is very, very high, which most people there acknowledge is connected not only to the oil industry but also to the many, many chemical plants in the area which are offshoots of the oil industry. Why do they stay? The culture, the food, their friends, etc.

      So, my question is whether others on this list have concerns about possible contamination of cat food from fish harvested from the Gulf. Any ideas of how to work around this? My only thought is to occasionally give my cats some fish sold for people. Although who knows how safe THAT is?

      Best, Ti-Grace
      Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest . Unsubscribe . Terms of Use