      To: sparklejunkey@...; feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: westgold@...
      Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 15:43:03 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FH] Question medicate or not?

      What Helen says is my exact opinion too. I would never ever want to change Tigger's meds, he's doing so well! But a second opinion is definitely called for if you are worrying about it. If things are going well, why would you want to change? Why take a chance? I realize this isn't the same thing, but I guess there's a lesson in it. Tigger had horrible herpes when I got him. I treated him with Lysine for three months before I got it under control. After a couple years he was so perfectly clear all the time, I followed what someone said on one of the lists, and decided to cut back on the amount of lysine I gave him. Well in no time at all the herpes came back with a vengeance, and although it got a lot better when I went back to the original dose, in 3 years I have never been able to get him so perfectly controlled as he was before I tried to cut back the dose. Don't mess with success.