38536Re: My boy Charlie

  • serobken@att.net
    Jan 10, 2010
      Wanted to give everyone an update and thank those that have offered support and kind words. I neglected to mention in my first post that Charlie was actually diagnosed with congestive heart failure and they are 95% sure it's due to HCM. So far the oxygen cage and heart meds seem to be helping. He isn't responding well to the lasixs but they are going to try to put in a catheter to help today. I also made an appointment with a local cardiologist for Monday morning so that should get me some info. Of all the articles I've read, as long as Charlie responds to the meds he could have a good 12-18 months. Which I would really love.

      Thanks again for being so kind

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic