38481Just diagnosed with cardiomyopathy

  • sparklejunkey
    Jan 3, 2010
      My 4 1/2 year old Toby suddenly started limping on his front left leg and meowing in pain last night. The ER vet said it is cardiomyopathy and he threw a clot. I could give him baby asprin, but it would be more for me that Toby. I took him into our usual clinic today and they agree but encouraged the asprin. I have an appt for Tuesday with a cardiologist.
      Tonight, Toby is still limping, the affect leg is still noticible cooler, and he has been sleeping all day, which is not normal. He is not meowing painfully anymore but it stll bothers him.
      Any help, suggestions, info, websites would be helpful. I only have a phone to access the Internet so researching is quite difficult.
      Also any ideas on how to cope with this would be good. My other kitty is 14 and diagnosed with renal failure less than 3 months ago. I am beyond devastated.
      Thanks.
      Helen
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic