38477[FH] Re: resting heart rate

  • nala_zq
    Jan 2, 2010
      I bought an inexpensive stethoscope at a nursing uniform supply company.
      They are also available online or at medical school bookstores.

      I counted for 15-30 seconds and multiplied by 4 or 2
      depending on how tolerant the cat was. 140-160 is pretty easy to count.
      Over 200 was much harder to count and I left it at over 200.

      I liked listening to the heart because I could note changes in the
      heart rhythm. I noticed an extra sound at one point. I didn't know
      what it was, but noted the change for the vet/cardiologist.

      Best,

      Nala

      > I'd love to check Tigger --- how do you measure it if it's so fast??
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic