38167Re: Breeders Perspective

  • tafoster4000
    Dec 1, 2009
      Hi
      I do have a question, are we talking HCM developing in young cats? I have/had 2 cornish rex cats that had/have HCM. I lost my Domino at 18 1/2 to heart failure but we are pretty sure his HCM was secondary to hyperT. Now my 20 year old rex was diagnosed when he was 15 and is still hanging in there. In my case neither breeder is still breeding cornies. but if they were, should they have been notified about HCM in older cats?

      Taca and Angel Domino, Pyewacket and Moe

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "gaileder" <greder@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > I am a New Zealand breeder of siamese and orientals. I have just found out that some of the cats I breed have developed HCM so I have had to terminate my breeding activities.
      > I have a question:
      > How many of you with pedigree cats which have developed this problem have told the breeder of your cat.
      > I have come to realise how important this is because if the breeders are not told there is a problem they will keep using the same lines.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic